On this fascinating 10 Day tour you’ll unlock the several of Myanmar’s greatest treasures, behold spectacular scenery, learn about different cultures, and experience the warmth and hospitality bestowed by the locals. From the spiritual heavyweight of Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, historic kingdom of Mandalay, the ancient temples of Bagan and the picturesque Inle Lake to the long neck Karen women, no one shows you Myanmar like Vagoyar.
Day 1: ARRIVING AND SIGHTSEEING AROUND YANGON (-/-/D)
- Mingalar Bar, you will be welcomed by our Guide at Airport and transferred to hotel.In the afternoon, start your sightseeing with a visit to the massive reclining Buddha at Kyaukhtatgyi Pagoda.Then proceeds to the Kandawgyi Park, a green oasis of Yangon. Photo stop at the royal floating barge named Karaweik Palace.In the evening, visit to the World famous golden stupa, Shwedagon Pagoda – the golden dome rises 98 meters above its base and is cover with 60 tons of pure gold. At the pagoda, you can observe local pilgrims offering their devotions.Enjoy the amazing sunset view from the vantage point of Pagoda.Overnight stay in Yangon.
Day 2: YANGON - BAGAN (B/L/-)
- Leave Yangon in the morning and take the flight to Bagan.Home to more than 2,000 temples, Bagan’s beauty and historical significance is unsurpassed. Sacred pagodas and beautiful temples are scattered across the plains of Bagan creating a mystical, stunning landscape.Upon arrival,start your Sightseeing with a visit to the colorful Nyaung U market to see a part of the daily life of Local People and the Shwezigon Pagoda where a replica of Buddha’s tooth is enshrined. Afterward we will visit to an elevated temple from where you will have a panoramic view of Bagan.After Check in Hotel, Sightseeing will be continued to many of the impressive temples such as Ananda, Htilominlo, Thatbyinnyu, Dhammayangyi and Sulamani, as well as some of the smaller hidden gems. In the evening, visit a local workshop making traditional lacquerware before enjoying an unforgettable sunset from the upper terrace of one of the temples.Stay overnight in Bagan.
Day 3: BAGAN - MT POPA - BAGAN (B/L/-)
- This morning we will drive to the Mount Popa, an extinct Vocalno with the spectacular views and the birth place of Myanmar Nats (sprits).At the foot of mountain, you could observe Nat Shrine contains a display of mannequin like figures representing the 37 Nat and is a major pilgrimage destination. On the way back to Bagan, a stop will be made at a local palm tree plantation and a typical Local Village.This relaxing break will give you the chance to observe the local working life. In the late afternoon, we will transfer to the jetty to take the boat for a cruise down the Irrawaddy River. Enjoy the beautiful sun set from the river as you pass riverside villages and temples.Stay overnight in Bagan.
Day 4: BAGAN - MANDALAY (B/L/-)
- Today leave Bagan for the flight to Mandalay, the last royal city of Myanmar Kingdom. Upon arrival, we will start the sightseeing toAmarapura,known as the City of Immortality. First visit Mahagandaryone Monastery which is the best place to experience the daily lives of the monks. After that, we will walk over the U Bein, the longest teakwood Bridge in the world. Our next stop on this day tour is Sagaing,the religious hub of Myanmar andwhich has over 600 Buddhist monasteries where monks and nuns study and meditate. We will visit pagodas such as Swan Oo Pon Nya Shin and U Min Thone Sae. Stop at the local market, Silverware cottage industry, clay pot making and Nunnery to learn the daily life of Buddhist nuns. Late this afternoon, return to Mandalay and visitMahamuni Buddha Image – a bronze Buddha image castled during the lifetime of Buddha himself.Overnight stay in Mandalay.
Day 5: MANDALAY & MINGUN (B/L/-)
- This morning we will head to the jetty for a pleasant boat ride upriver toMingun.Upon arrival, explore the ruins of the vast Mingun Pagoda. Continue to the beautiful Hsinbyume Paya and the Mingun Bell, weighting 87 tons and being the world’s largest intact bronze bell. Sail back to Mandalay.In the afternoon, we will visit Mandalay Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery – noted for its exquisite woodcarvings, gold leaf beating workshop and Kuthodaw Pagoda – known for containing the world’s largest book and conclude the tour by visiting Mandalay Hill to watch the sunset and the panoramic view of the city.Overnight stay in Mandalay.
Day 6: MANDALAY - HEHO / DRIVE TO LOIKAW (B/L/-)
- This morning we will leave Mandalay for the flight to Heho. Upon arrival, drive to Loikaw (225 Km – 8 hours drive approximately)the capital of Kayah state. You will passing through the endless paddy files and enjoy your lunch at local restaurant in Pin Laung Village. After lunch continue to Loikaw and arrive in the late afternoon. Stay overnight in Loikaw.
Day 7: LOIKAW - KAYAN TRIBE VILLAGES (B/L/-)
- Start your day with colorful local market .After that drive to Pan Pet village where you may see Kayan tribe ladies wearing brass rings around their extraordinary long necks. Enjoy a Short Trek along the villages lead by local community tour guides Visit the Kayhtobo site and Hunting Shrine, to learn about local beliefs and spiritual life. In the afternoon, you will visit a local musician’s house, Traditional Kayah house and try traditional Kayah dress. There are also opportunities to buy local handicrafts. Drive back to Loikaw and enjoy the panoramic sunset view of Loikaw from the hill of Taungwe Zedi.Stay overnight in Loikaw.
Day 8: LOIIKAW - SAGAR VILLAGE - INLE LAKE(B/L/-)
- This morning visit to Pohperyone teaching monastery where about 500 monks are studying. Then drive to Phekhone Town and proceed by boat through Phekhone Lake encompassed by breathtaking landscape along the Bilu Creek. On the way stop at Sagar Village and visit the 108 ‘sunken’ stupas of Sagar dated back from the 16th – 17th centuries that are partially underwater for a few months a year. Continue to typical village to obseve into the unspoiled culture and traditional lifestyle of ethnic minority villages set against the backdrop of surrounding hills. Continue by boat to Inle lake and You will be transferred back to your hotel in the evening.Stay overnight in Loikaw.
Day 9: INLE LAKE - YANGON (B/L/-)
- Today visit the morning market and explore around Inle Lake offers a good opportunity to meet many different local tribes. (Note: market is daily except on dark moon day and full moon day). Inle Lake is one of the most beautiful and unique destinations in Asia and is often referred to by travellers as the “Venice of Asia”. This vast and breathtaking Lake is home to stilt-housed villages, island-bound Buddhist temples and floating gardens.You’ll see the local life on the lake, including fisherman who use a distinctive leg-rowing technique on their boats, floating gardens and cottage industries such as silversmiths, weavers and cigar makers.We will also visit Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the most religious site in the region and Nga Phe Chaung Monastery which has a collection of ancient Shan style Buddha images. In the evening transfer to the Heho Airport for your flight to Yangon.Stay overnight in Yangon.
Day 10: DEPARTURE (B/-/-)
- This morning is free for you to explore the city at your leisure with a car and guide available. Transfer to Yangon Airport for your onward flight . Goodbye Myanmar and we hope to serve you next time.