Immerse yourself in the Wonders of Myanmar. On this fascinating 9 Day tour you’ll explore several of Myanmar’s Wonders, behold spectacular scenery, learn about different cultures, and experience the warmth and hospitality bestowed by the locals. From the spiritual heavyweight of Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, historic kingdom of Mandalay and the ancient temples of Bagan to the picturesque Inle Lake, no one shows you Myanmar like Vagoyar Travel.
Day 1: ARRIVAL & SIGHTSEEING AROUNG YANGON (-/-/D)
- Mingalar Bar, you will be welcomed by our Guide at Airport and transferred to hotel.In the afternoon, start your sightseeing with a visit to the massive reclining Buddha at Kyaukhtatgyi Pagoda.Then proceeds to the Kandawgyi Park, a green oasis of Yangon. Photo stop at the royal floating barge named Karaweik Palace. In the evening, visit to the World famous golden stupa, Shwedagon Pagoda – the golden dome rises 98 meters above its base and is cover with 60 tons of pure gold. At the pagoda, you can observe local pilgrims offering their devotions.Enjoy the amazing sunset view from the vantage point of Pagoda.Overnight stay in Yangon.
Day 2: YANGON - BAGAN (B/L/-)
- Leave Yangon in the morning and take the flight to Bagan.Home to more than 2,000 temples, Bagan’s beauty and historical significance is unsurpassed. Sacred pagodas and beautiful temples are scattered across the plains of Bagan creating a mystical, stunning landscape.Upon arrival,start your Sightseeing with a visit to the colorful Nyaung U market to see a part of the daily life of Local People and the Shwezigon Pagoda where a replica of Buddha’s tooth is enshrined. Afterward we will visit to an elevated temple from where you will have a panoramic view of Bagan.After Check in Hotel, Sightseeing will be continued to many of the impressive temples such as Ananda, Htilominlo, Thatbyinnyu, Dhammayangyi and Sulamani, as well as some of the smaller hidden gems. In the evening, visit a local workshop making traditional lacquerware before enjoying an unforgettable sunset from the upper terrace of one of the temples.Stay overnight in Bagan.
Day 3: BAGAN - MT POPA - BAGAN (B/L/-)
- This morning we will drive to the Mount Popa, an extinct Vocalno with the spectacular views and the birth place of Myanmar Nats (sprits).At the foot of mountain, you could observe Nat Shrine contains a display of mannequin like figures representing the 37 Nat and is a major pilgrimage destination. On the way back to Bagan, a stop will be made at a local palm tree plantation and a typical Local Village. This relaxing break will give you the chance to observe the local working life. In the late afternoon, we will transfer to the jetty to take the boat for a cruise down the Irrawaddy River. Enjoy the beautiful sun set from the river as you pass riverside villages and temples.Stay overnight in Bagan.
Day 4: BAGAN - MANDALAY (B/L/-)
- Today leave Bagan for the flight to Mandalay, the last royal city of Myanmar Kingdom. Upon arrival, we will start the sightseeing to Amarapura, known as the City of Immortality. First visit Mahagandaryone Monastery which is the best place to experience the daily lives of the monks. After that, we will walk over the U Bein, the longest teakwood Bridge in the world. Our next stop on this day tour is Sagaing,the religious hub of Myanmar andwhich has over 600 Buddhist monasteries where monks and nuns study and meditate. We will visit pagodas such as Swan Oo Pon Nya Shin and U Min Thone Sae. Stop at the local market, Silverware cottage industry, clay pot making and Nunnery to learn the daily life of Buddhist nuns. Late this afternoon, return to Mandalay and visitMahamuni Buddha Image – a bronze Buddha image castled during the lifetime of Buddha himself.Overnight stay in Mandalay.
Day 5: MANDALAY & MINGUN (B/L/-)
- This morning we will head to the jetty for a pleasant boat ride upriver toMingun.Upon arrival, explore the ruins of the vast Mingun Pagoda. Continue to the beautiful Hsinbyume Paya and the Mingun Bell, weighting 87 tons and being the world’s largest intact bronze bell. Sail back to Mandalay.In the afternoon, we will visit Mandalay Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery – noted for its exquisite woodcarvings, gold leaf beating workshop and Kuthodaw Pagoda – known for containing the world’s largest book and conclude the tour by visiting Mandalay Hill to watch the sunset and the panoramic view of the city.Overnight stay in Mandalay.
Day 6: MANDALAY - HEHO - PINDAYA - INLE LAKE (B/L/-)
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport for the flight to Heho. Upon arrival at Heho, proceed by road to Pindaya. The road to Pindaya cuts across one of the most densely farmed areas in Myanmar – at first glance, the patchwork of fields and hedges could almost be a landscape from central Europe or middle America. Visit Pindaya Limestone cave, unique for the about nine thousand Buddha images placed there by pilgrims over many centuries. Then a short stop at over 250 years old Banyan trees. Drive back to Nyaung Shwe, the gateway of Inle Lake and transfer to Hotel.Stay overnight on the Lake.
Day 7: INLE LAKE & INDEIN (B/L/-)
- Today we will enjoy a boat trip through the picturesque Inle Lake. Inle Lake is one of the most beautiful and unique destinations in Asia and is often referred to by travellers as the “Venice of Asia”. This vast and breathtaking Lake is home to stilt-housed villages, island-bound Buddhist temples and floating gardens.You’ll see the local life on the lake, including fisherman who use a distinctive leg-rowing technique on their boats, floating gardens and cottage industries such as silversmiths, weavers and cigar makers.We will also visit Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the most religious site in the region and Nga Phe Chaung Monastery which has a collection of ancient Shan style Buddha images.After your lunch, continue your exploration to the western banks of the lake and travel down a small canal to Indein – a Pa-Oh village which is known for its stupa-covered hill with 1,054 stupas constructed between the 17th and the 18th centuries. Spend time exploring Indein on foot, strolling around the village, visiting a local school and making your way to the top of the hill where you can wander amid the weather-beaten stupas and enjoy magnificent views of the lake below. Back to your hotel and enjoy leisure time.Stay overnight on Inle Lake.
Day 8: INLE - YANGON (B/L/-)
- After early breakfast, explore the morning market around Inle Lake offers a good opportunity to meet many different local tribes. (Note: market is daily except on dark moon day and full moon day). Then transfer by road to Heho for your onward flight to Yangon. The remainder of the day is at leisure with a car and guide available for further exploration or last minute shopping at historic Bogyoke (Scott) Market (Closed on Monday& Public Holidays).Stay overnight in Yangon.
Day 9: DEPARTURE (B/-/-)
- This morning is free for you to explore the city at your leisure. Transfer to Yangon Airport for your onward flight . Goodbye Myanmar and we hope to serve you next time.