Start your adventure with a visit to spectacular Thien Duong (Paradise) cave while Phong Nha cave is just wonderful to explore next as you ride on a boat along the Son river that attached with many stories of wartime. This magnificent and majestic beauty shall not be described in words but should be eye witnessed. Thanh Tan hot spring is an incredible place on your next stop. It attracts adventurers not only because of its natural hot streams but also because of its Zip line and High wire, a corporate product between Thanh Tan and Altus- French company whose expertise is in constructing adventurous games.
Day 1: HA NOI – NIGHT TRAIN TO DONG HOI (-/-/-)
- Pick-up at your hotel in Hanoi and transfer to Hanoi Railway Station. Board the night train to Dong Hoi (local train, sharing 4-berth air-conditioned compartment).Notes:
• Our tour guide will not accompany you on the train.
• Train schedule is subject to change.
• Private compartments on request at surcharge.
• Train journeys are part of a great local experience. Cabins are shared with other local passengers (unless private cabin is requested and all berths paid for – with supplement). Restrooms at either end of the carriages complete the local experience.
Day 2: DONG HOI – PHONG NHA – DONG HOI (B/L/-)
- Vietnamese breakfast at a local restaurant.
Drive up north to Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park and take a boat trip on the Son River from a critical point of the legendary Ho Chi Minh Trail to the Phong Nha Cave. About 300 caves have been counted in this area so far. This proves the significance of this karsts cave system of which Phong Nha Cave, known as being among the longest and most beautiful karsts caves in the world, has been listed by UNESCO as a world natural heritage site. The boat will take you as far inside the wet cave to the entrance of Bi Ky chamber and then return to visit the “Fairy Lady” and “Royal Palace” cave.Back at the pier, you will have lunch at a local restaurant and then drive about 25 km to visit Thien Duong Cave (Paradise Cave), another huge and beautiful cave just opened to the public.Return to Dong Hoi. Check-in at the hotel and time at leisure.Accommodation at hotel in Dong Hoi.
Day 3: DONG HOI – WAR SITES ALONG THE FORMER DMZ – THANH TAN HOT SPRINGS (B/L/-)
- This morning, head south towards Hue. On the way you will visit some of the war sites of the Vietnam-American War, including the Vinh Moc Tunnels, Ben Hai River, Hien Luong Bridge, and Dong Ha Town. Have picnic lunch at a simple restaurant. Next stop will be the ancient citadel of Quang Tri which was built in 1824, during the 4th year of the reign of Emperor Minh Mang. The citadel still bears the scars of one of the fiercest battles during the Vietnam-American War.Arrive at the hot spring resort in Thanh Tan, check in the hotel and rest of the day at leisure with a hot spring bath.Located 30 km away to the North of Hue City, Alba Thanh Tan Hot Springs is like a wonderful paradise of health care and relaxation. At this place, you will have leisure time enjoying the fresh air, the evergreen forest, the pervasive smell of the lemon eucalyptus and the melody of the incessantly murmuring hot mineral springs.Accommodation at Alba Hot Springs Resort, Deluxe room.
Day 4: THANH TAN – ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES – HUE (B/L/-)
- This morning, soak in the hot mineral springs and enjoy the water park with lots of games that helps you not only relax your mind but also activate every single cell in your body. Especially, you will have chance to experience the feeling of flying over the lush forest above Alba Hot Springs Resort like a bird through the adventurous game called Zipline – free hanging on the longest continuous Zip line in Vietnam. Sliding down from the root of Ma Yen mountain at the height of 45.50 m on the 580m – long cable to the landing station by Festival Lake will surely make you feel the adrenaline while enjoying the beautiful scenery over the resort which covers an area of 50 ha.Have local specialties for lunch In the afternoon, You may want to visit the spotted deer zoo and then walk through the lemon eucalyptus site to fully enjoy the peaceful, tranquil and pure atmosphere along with the birds’ songs or take another try of zip line or challenge your intelligence and physical health to overcome challenges of Highwire – Keeping the balance on the cable, which was granted as the biggest High wire in Vietnam. The exhilaration of victory at the end of your adventure is definitely a special memory that you will never forget.Leave the hot spring resort and head south to Hue. Upon arrival, drop off at your hotel.